Better Together

3 Month Anniversary ! Lost 30 pounds!

Updated on December 23, 2019 in Weight Loss
19 on May 10, 2016

Hello Everyone.  Just wanted to let you know that today was exactly three months since receiving the Amen materials and getting on the program.  In 90 days, I lost 30 pounds!  186 to 156!  Now I am just 15 pounds short of my first goal.  I used Tana’s Omni Diet and Exercise Journal.  So I recommend it highly.  Went to doctor, got my numbers, found my Vit D was 14 when it should have been 90.  Doc prescribed 10,000 units for 16 weeks.  My depression, sadness and brain fog are doing much better.  Signed up for psychologist and got SSRI meds which improved my overall energy and lifted sadness.  I am coping with past, staying in the moment and trying not to worry about what the future will bring.  My relationship with my partner of 14 years is improving too because my attitude is better.  So for those of you just starting, stay positive and mark your monthly anniversaries and journal your improvements.  I’ve gone from a roller coaster ride to countryside steadier ride and vistas are great.  Thanks for letting me tell you all about it.  I now walk 2 miles a day, lift weights, ride my bicycle, do yoga, started golfing again and dance.  No longer the old couch potato! Thanks Tana and Doc Daniel.  My partner has joined me in the journey.  Thanks everyone for your support.

• Liked by
  • Sally4th
  • bfler
1 on May 10, 2016

Congratulations!  Sounds like you have chosen a very health life path, and I wish you all the best as you continue on your journey.

on May 10, 2016

Teedle,

Had to do something.  I had been depressed for over 14 years and was stuck.  Saw Dr. Amen on KVIE and bought the course and DVDs.  It was my starting point.  I still have bad days but now I am enjoying life again.  My worst part of day is waking up and changing my outlook about the day.  After 14 years or 5,110 days I was frankly in a routine rut and still get up and sigh most days so trying to break that bad habit.  I just hope I can stay on this life path. Fighting off the ANTs!!

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on May 10, 2016

What an amazing success story! Keep up the amazing work.

• Liked by
Cancel
1 on May 10, 2016

Thanks for caring and replying.  I hope that with the Forum I can help others stay upbeat and change their lives.  I am happy it is working for me.  How are you doing?  Hope you are getting something out of it.  Takes a lot of will power.

on June 18, 2019

Mimi, your words are so encouraging, and even though you wrote them 3 years ago, they have reached me and given me hope today.  I am following your path.  I hope you are still going strong.  Thanks for sharing.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
2 on May 10, 2016

What a testament to hope and our ability to make real change in our lives and those we love! Thank you so much for sharing this with our community!

on May 11, 2016

Zoe.  

Had to make changes for the better.  My life was not going anywhere and I knew I had to do something.  It is a tribute to the Amens that they are helping so many of us get our lives back on track.  They have supplied the tools that were missing and I could not seem to do alone.  A shocking statistic from them was about how people wait over 10 years to seek mental help from psychologists/therapists.  It took me 13 years.  Plus, I was sick and no energy to do anything about it.  I have come a long ways.  This is first year that hope is becoming a reality.

on May 11, 2016

PS the Forum is really a good place to talk with others with same issues.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
2 on May 11, 2016

Wow, Mimi! That is wonderful.  You are reaping great results.

on May 11, 2016

Sally how are doing as a BrainFit Warrior?  What made you join?  Wishing you success.  Changing the way I eat has had a huge impact on my mood and well being. I am still working on all the disappointments in my life by putting them behind me. Take care and thanks for commenting.

on May 11, 2016

@MimiGarner Very inspiring honestly!

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on May 11, 2016

Yeah!!!

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on May 13, 2016

Congratulations!

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on May 13, 2016

Thank you for sharing your story.  You are very encouraging to me as someone who has been struggling unsuccessfully for decades to improve their health.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on May 31, 2016

Thank you for sharing  your success. Hope you continue to thrive 🙂

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on December 31, 2016

Thank you so much for sharing!  I am very new to the program and the forum and your success story is very encouraging to me!

• Liked by
Cancel
Loading more replies